Tuesday, August 27, 2013

End of Summer reads

Summer is my favorite time to just relax and crack open a book I've been dying to read. Sadly summer is coming to an end. But I thought I would share with you some books I have either read or want to read. Because let's face it, reading is pretty pleasant all year round.


Out of these books I have actually read three. The other four are books that will get bumped to another non-school period of time soon! I get pretty burnt out on reading during the school year, so reading for pleasure takes a step back.

Anyway, the three books I have read are The Virgin Suicides, Game of Thrones, and Perks of being a Wallflower. These books are all great reads! They are also all written in some interesting ways. 
  • The Virgin Suicides has very dark humor in it and is written from the neighborhood boys point of view. 
  • Game of Thrones is an intense adventure fantasy-ish read. It is written from different character's point of views.
  • Perks of Being a Wallflower is a coming of age story about an awkward freshmen. This book is written in forms of letters the main character is writing. 

I have seen the movies of The Bling Ring and Ridding in Cars with Boys. I loved both the movies! So, I find it only fair I give the books a chance.
  • Riding in Cars with Boys is an emotional roller coaster! I don't think I have watched the movie without crying. I am assuming and hoping the book is equally as powerful.
  • The Bling Ring would be a book I would use as like a beach read. A book that would just be fun and entertaining to pick up. Even though it is based on real events, the people is is based on are so perfectly crazy and delusional!
That just leaves On My Knees and I Could Pee on This. I am interested in these two books for very different reasons.
  • On My Knees is a memoir. It seems like it would be a good inspiring feminist book. Any book about a women's sexual experiences and her reactions seems interesting to me.
  • I Could Pee on This interests me for two reasons. One, it is about cats and has cat pictures. Two, I love coffee table books. Once I have my own home and coffee table it will be fully stocked with silly random books. This book is basically random little poems about cat things. So basically it will be amazballz!
Hope some of you out there still have some summer to pick up a book! Otherwise, here are some books to look into for next summer! Or heck, just keep reading all year round!!


No comments:

Post a Comment