I went on a day trip to Edinburgh, Scotland. It ended up being a gorgeous day! Blue skies with the sun out! I spent a large chunk of time walking Princess ave, the main shopping street. I also just roamed around and took in all the beauty of the city. It really is one of the prettiest places I have been. There are hills, the ocean, huge black rocks, amazing castles. I went to The Elephant House, which is where J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter! The graveyard behind it has Tom Riddles grave. Well a real Tom Riddle that inspired the characters name. It was a pretty charming place.I stopped into the art museum there, it was stunning. I recommend it. Anyway, here are a few pictures!
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
I have finally gotten all my pictures of London together to share! I only got to see so much in two days, so I am going back to see so much more! The subway was having strikes so travel was a bit stressful and chaotic. Not to mention I tend to get motion sickness from too many buses and trains. I still got to see so many amazing things! It is a beautiful city!
Downtown Abbey/Parliament Square
Buckingham Palace Statues
Natural History Museum
Warrs Harley-Davidson Shop, British Library, Hostel, Camden Market, Camden Worlds End
I was so in love with Big Ben, I took so many pictures! The Natural History Museum was THE coolest museum I have ever been to! It was huge with really amazing displays. They had animatronic dinosaurs!!! They also had a really great birth and sex exhibit. The building itself was gorgeous too. I sadly did not get to ride the London Eye but it is on the list for when I go back. The second day I was there is was freezing and down pooring so I didn't get to explore much. Next time I go I am staying for many more than 2 days. The city has so much to offer!
Monday, February 10, 2014
Well that special February day is fast approaching. I have yet again put together a little gift guide of some simple can't go wrong gifts!
1. Heat Necklace and Heart Bracelet: The necklace is from urban outfitters and the bracelet from forever21, they make a great matching set. And nothing says Valentines gift like hearts and jewelry!
2. Revlon Lip Balm: Some sexy V-day colors for the lips is an easy go to and who doesn't want lusty kissable lips?!
3. A Lush Soap Bar: A Lush product is always a great gift. This is a vanilla heart shaped soap bar. I can only imagine how good it smells and how soft it makes your skin.
4. Scarfs from forever21: Scarfs are fashionable all year round, and with spring coming up this is a great day to get something more feminine and colorful for your lady. It will never go out of style and always remind her of you.
5. Macaroons: I still have not had a fancy macaroon!! Valentines Day is the perfect holiday for these cute desserts! You can often get a variety of flavors and colors. Kind of like flowers, but they you can eat them. However, they probably won't last as long.
6. Polaroid Love Notes: I found this cute little number on Urbanoutfitters. It has a bunch of cute instagram-esq photos for you to write little love notes on.
7. A love globe: I am in love with this love snowglobe! You can put a picture in it and it rains red hearts! Something simple you can make personal.
8. Cath Kidston bag: These bags are so adorable and come in many patters and sizes. A great gift for a girl on the go, or a girl who just needs that extra purse room.
9. Pajamas: Silky pajamas are a must have. Trust me, no one will complain about getting a nice cute set of pjs.
10. to-go-jar: Mason Jars are still a hit and using them as a to go cup is brilliant and chic. Since they are glass your go green girl can reuse it and not worry about the chemicals from a plastic travel mug.
11/12. A record and a DVD set: Both these gifts are good together gifts. Get some take out, get comfortable, and just enjoy each other with a good tv series or backup music. Keep the night chill and casual while being together.
13. Lingerie: For your more sexy kind of gift go for a nice bra and pantie set. No girl can really have too many bras and panties.
14. Strawberry Cheesecake Ice-cream: A repeat from last years gift idea, because do I really need to say anything..
15. Nail polish: Festive pinks and reds are such a simple gift. Again spring is coming up so some pastel colors are going to be needed. Adding pops of pinks is flirty and feminine. And with nail polish you won't ever pick the wrong size.
So this is my 2014 V-Day gift guide! I hope everyone spreads the love this Friday!