Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mason Jar Creativity

I know I have been a little MIA for a while! But as summer starts to wind down I am trying to wind down too. I feel like I was hustled and bustled right through my summer. Even though time has been flying by I had time to notice mason jars were really making a cute little come back. I don't think mason jars really went anywhere I just think vintage country chic is making a comeback. Again I personally never thought vintage chic left, but that's just me. So I thought I would share some creative ways to use mason jars. The best part about them is they are so cheap and can be found at almost any thrift or antique store.
Source
Source
 My first favorite way to creatively use a mason jar is as simple as using it as a cup! I have noticed this is a big trend this summer. This is a cute idea for showers, family gatherings, barbeques, a picnic, or at a little coffee shop. Etsy has tons of adorable mason jar covers and other ways to snazz up your mason jar. It is such a simple idea, but I still find it to be incredibly genius and adorable!  

Source
Source
Lighting is a fun way to add a little romance and ambiance to a room or outside patio. This is a creative way to make lighting unique. The easiest way would be to add a candle in your mason jar and use it as a center piece or hang a line of them up. Making them into actual light fixtures might take a handy man (I know I would need one!) I just love the charm the jars bring to a space.

Source
 This is a DIY craft project! I think it is so neat! You could do any sort of design you wanted. I believe all it is is a sticker on the inside and then paint rolled around. Again a pretty simple and easy way to do something new and interesting with a plain class jar. It is a great way to bring one of a kind art into your home.

Source


 I always end up keeping my movie stubs and theater and concert tickets. Normally they just build up in my wallet, purse, or pants pocket until I can't take it and toss them away. And think of all the clothes you buy that come with a spare button and you just throw it out with the tag. Well Wa-La!! A mason jar is the perfect storage container. It isn't a big clunky plastic bin or an untidy drawer. The vintage look of the mason jar makes it a charming display of life's little things.     

 Lets be real..mason jars are great for EVERYTHING!! The options are truly almost endless with these little treasures! I plan to invest in some soon and get my creativity flowing. P.S. they make great containers for craft supplies! Store you yarn, markers, glue, nails, brushes, ect and then use them to make a whole new mason jar craft!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love mason jars! They are so fun! The silhouette ones are AMAZING! I will have to click over and try that DIY! Thanks for sharing!! I am looking forward to being a new blog follower!
    -Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Miranda, the silhouette jars are absolutely adorable! I may have to make a few for my bedroom! Love it adri :)

    ReplyDelete