Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bon Appetit

I am a big snacker and I love making little stops at local shops for a quick delicious bite to eat! I just wanted to share a few tasty treats I have been enjoying! And in case you need an idea of where to get some nice food in Mankato, I will help you out!

 I love the Coffee Hag! They always have the most delicious treats! In the first picture I had a St. Patty's day drink and scone. My scone is a mint and dark chocolate one, and in the second picture its a brownie with powder sugar! YUM! Both these drinks are my spring and summer time favorites, a chocolate milk with Irish cream syrup and the other is a vanilla Italian cream soda.
This is delicious chicken and sausage gumbo from the wonderful Pappa George! This is a local bar and restaurant. They are known for steaks and their hospitality! I have known the owners forever and I babysit their son, little Pilot! When I had this gumbo for dinner I ended up ordering a second bowl! Haha that's how good it was.
I am OBSESSED with Tandem Bagels! Mankato finally got their bagel shop back! This place makes the best bagels, cream cheeses, sandwiches, soups, salads, and treats! I ate their 3 days in a row this week. Their pizza bagels are to die for..or at least to wait in line for a long time!

Hope everyone is eating local and enjoying what food your town has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment